Installing residential elevators resolves the accessibility concerns faced by older adults and people with disabilities who live in multilevel homes. A home elevator allows them to access all areas of their home on their own. A high load-capacity system can move heavy goods or household items such as groceries, laundry and furniture from one floor to another.
Leading dealers of accessibility equipment in New York offer innovative home elevators from top brands such as Savaria, Cambridge Elevating, Pneumatic Vacuum Elevators LLC, Wurtec and Stilz. To choose the right home elevator, you need to consider several factors:
- Space – Homeowners need to evaluate their home to see if there is sufficient space available to install an elevator. Some lifts require a separate machine room, pit and hoistway for installation. On the other hand, there are models that do not require a separate machine room and can be installed without making any structural modifications.
- Safety features – Top models of home elevators are equipped with advanced safety mechanisms such as battery operated (UPS) emergency lowering and lighting, elevator door interlocks, in-use indicator lights on hall station, slack rope safety system, elevator door interlocks, lockable control panel, in-cab telephone system, handrails on platform, and more. These help the device to function safely and smoothly.
- Load capacity – The load capacity of the device is an important consideration. For instance, if the device is intended to carry a person in a wheelchair or transport heavy items from one floor to another, you will need a lift with high load capacity and wide entry. So check out the load capacity of the system you intend to buy as using a lift to carry more than the recommended weight not only increases the risk of accidents during operation but also shortens the life of the elevator.
- Technical specifications – Technical features such as drive system, travel speed and total number of stops need to be considered. Hydraulic models use cables and piston to the device car while pneumatic lifts work on air pressure. For low-rise buildings, devices with mechanical motors are the more ideal option.
- Size and design – Leading dealers offer elevators in various sizes and designs. Make sure you choose a model that best suits the your interior.
- Price – The price of each model will vary and will directly depend on the features, size and technical specifications. Make a comparison of the features of different models and select the one that best suits your needs and budget. Established elevator companies in New York offer special pricing on home elevators used for medical necessity.
- Warranty – Ensure that the elevator you buy has a good warranty period. Top dealers of accessibility equipment offer premium quality elevators with good warranty.
- Easy installation – Modern elevator designs come with quick and hassle-free installation options. There are models that can be easily installed without making any structural modifications to the existing building.
Safety and convenience are the important factors to consider before buying an elevator. A reputable NY dealer can help you choose the best model for your needs. Partnering with a reliable elevator company in New York would also ensure excellent customer service and efficient support for testing, inspection, and maintenance.