LULA elevators or Limited Use Limited Access elevators are a great option for low-rise commercial facilities without any means of vertical transportation. A LULA elevator combines features of both traditional elevator and a wheelchair lift to make all the levels of a building accessible to a person with mobility issues who cannot climb stairs. Unlike other elevators, it is designed to be used by just one person at a time. It is meant to be used to provide access for handicapped individuals and not to be used by general public.LULA Elevators are called “limited-use” systems because they can only handle up to a certain weight and only travel a few floors. The have “limited application” because they can be installed only in low-rise buildings. However, LULA elevators offer many advantages:
- Economical: These elevators are not as expensive as commercial elevators and are considered affordable.
- Compact size: They take up only a limited amount of space in low-rise buildings. It is just about 42 inches wide and 60 inches deep inside the car.
- Shallow pit: The pit required for this system is very shallow compared to that needed for a standard elevator. Therefore, it requires only very less makeover of the existing building.
- Less Maintenance: For standard elevators, you need to have a maintenance person come regularly, but these elevators require only maintenance every six months. This also helps to save money.
Types of buildings where LULA elevators are installed
A LULA elevator can be installed in the following types of low-rise buildings:
- Small care homes
- Bars or pubs
- Small or boutiques hotels
- Small Condominium Buildings
- Small Commercial buildings which includes salons, retail stores and offices
The LULA system offers a professional look and a smooth ride and come with quality features like automatic sliding doors and commercial fixtures. They are also equipped with excellent safety features such as emergency battery backup for lowering and interior lighting, emergency stop and alarm buttons, emergency manual lowering, and safety breaks.
LULA systems are a feasible choice for businesses that want to improve accessibility for wheelchair users or people with disabilities. As maintenance costs are much lower for these elevators, it is a more cost-effective option for a business with a limited budget. A reliable elevator company will supply high quality LULA elevators from the industry’s top brands and also provide customized installation support.