Stairs, decks, porches, and elevated platforms pose a barrier to the elderly and people in wheelchairs. Ramps and stairlifts may not be suitable for all applications. Vertical platform lifts (VPL) allow wheelchairs users to move from one level to another without leaving their assistive device. Established dealers in accessibility equipment offer vertical platform lifts in New York from leading manufacturers. Savaria’s M2Lift VPL is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
Savaria M2lift VPL – Smooth, Quiet Operation
Ideal for home use as a porch or deck lift, the Savaria M2Lift is easy to operate and quick to install. With a weight capacity of 750 lbs, this lift can easily accommodate a wheelchair or other mobility equipment. The device features a durable construction (with rust-resistant aluminum components) that ensures a reliable and long-lasting performance even during extremely cold temperatures. The lift comes with a self-supporting base and slim-profile twin tower construction that reduces visual obstruction.
Featuring a unique chain drive system, the Savaria M2Lift provides smooth, quiet operation. With a platform size (interior) of 37″ x 54″, the vertical platform lift travels a maximum distance of 75″ with 2 stops at a nominal speed of 10 feet per minute. Other features and specifications include –
- Wall mounted, weather-resistant cordless radio frequency call/send stations with key
- Swift 10 feet per minute travel
- Steel components are yellow zinc/baked enamel powder coat for rust protection
- Landing bridge between car and upper level for smooth navigation in and out of lift
- Constant-pressure controls for operation with key access on car and call stations
- Shortest travel distance – 12″
- Power requirements – 24 VDC motor and operating system with 120 VAC battery charging
- Non-skid platform floor and exit ramp
- Mountable weather-resistant cordless radio frequency call/send stations with keyed access on car and call stations
- Gate clear opening – 33.5″
- Drive – Direct drive gearbox with chain suspension
- Car access/configuration – Straight through enter/exit
- Automatic access ramp
The Savaria M2Lift comes with several standard safety features including an emergency stop button, under-pan sensors to stop the lift operation (if an obstruction is detected in its path), alarm on car, and slack chain safety switch. It includes a flush solid gate for the top landing for safety code compliance. A battery-operated unit charged through a standard electrical outlet allows the lift to be operated even during power outages.
Day Elevator and Lift supplies the Savaria M2Lift Vertical Platform Lift (VPL) in New York. As an established dealer, we will ensure a hassle-free installation along with timely maintenance, testing, and inspection support. Contact us at (800) 758-5438 or fill out our online contact form for more information. On-call support is available 24 hours a day.