Residential elevators improve accessibility in both and existing homes. They come in various types such as roped hydraulic, winding drum and counterweight, traction-driven, and vacuum elevators. Pneumatic Vacuum Elevators (PVE) are a great option for people looking for a stylish, safe, eco-friendly system for their home. These light but sturdy structures are built with aluminum and polycarbonate panels and do not require cables, chains, pistons, or counterweights. Accessibility dealers in New Jersey also provide customized installation of PVEs in new and existing homes.
PVE – Unique Features
PVEs come in three models ranging from single passenger elevator to a three passenger and a wheelchair-accessible system. All of these vacuum home lift models come with a travel speed of 30 ft/min and can travel to a maximum height of 50 feet with as many as four stops. PVEs do not require any pre-construction shaft, pit, or machine room. Other features include –
- Fully certified by the American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Easy to install, maintain, and operate
- Sleek and compact design
- Uses air pressure to lift and gently lower the cabin
- Uses only a very small amount of electricity
- Minimal maintenance (no lubricants or regular service required)
- PVE-30 – Featuring a compact design, this elevator fits well with wrap-around stairs, through floor, or attaching to balcony. The elevator comes with a total weight capacity of 350lb (159kg) lift capacity and travels to a height of up to a 50 ft. (15m) with as many as five stops. This single passenger elevator takes up only minimal space and can be set up quickly as it requires no pre-construction shaft, pit or separate machine room.
- PVE-37 – An ideal option for both new construction and retrofit applications, the PVE37 can accommodate passengers, suitcases, pets, household items, and so on. Its cylindrical elevator cab offers panoramic visibility. This two passenger home elevator is equipped with push button call controls with precise leveling at each landing. Other standard features include – 450 lbs. load capacity, push button controls, automatic battery recharging system, mechanical emergency brakes and nominal speed – 30 fpm with up to 2 to 4 stops.
- PVE-52 – The largest vacuum elevator, the PVE52 can easily accommodate a person in a wheelchair with an attendant or for up to three adults to stand in comfort. It comes with a self-supporting structure and can fit anywhere in the home. Safety features include – mechanical emergency brakes, electromechanical interlocks at each landing, safe automatic descent in the event of power failure, alarm system and telephone (optional).
Locate a Reliable Dealer
Reliable and authorized dealers in accessibility equipment offer Pneumatic Vacuum home elevators in New Jersey. An established dealer will provide professional installation as well as efficient and timely maintenance, inspection, testing services to keep the equipment in perfect working condition.