Just like it is important to invest in a good quality elevator and install it to blend well in your setting, it is also necessary to see that it is properly maintained. Companies that provide elevator maintenance services ensure that the task is carried out by authorized and certified personnel. Here are some key points about elevator maintenance that every building owner should know:
- Maintenance should be done according to maintenance instructions. These instructions will specify the type of maintenance, period, settings, tolerance values and operating conditions. Maintenance has to be done before the system goes out of order and a reliable elevator company that provides these services will store spare parts and use original materials for replacement.
- Keep a lookout for maintenance issues. This means inspecting the equipment on a regular basis to make sure it is functioning smoothly. Such checks will also help determine if an upgrade is necessary. Systems that are used frequently will require maintenance on a more frequent basis.
- Pay attention to even small issues as this will save time and money, and also help extend the lifespan of the equipment.
- Keep a maintenance book and report. The information should be up-to-date and shown to officials conducting inspections, upon request.
- Do safety evaluations. Systems in larger buildings will need to be inspected on a daily basis. Check ride quality and the speed at which the doors open and close. Check for any new or different smells or sounds, and visually inspect the elevator’s level and buttons.
Partner with a reliable company that provides elevator inspection and maintenance support. When a maintenance contract is signed, the company that provides the service will take full responsibility for the elevator. This means that no other company or person should interfere with the system.