With Commercial Wheelchair Lifts, mobility-impaired users can overcome the barriers posed by stairs, decks, or platforms in public places. This accessibility device is an ideal option for libraries churches, schools, and other public buildings.
These platform lifts are designed to lift a wheelchair along with its occupant to overcome a step or similar vertical barrier. They are affordable, safe, and durable. It can be installed indoors as well as outdoors of a building. It offers a smooth, quiet and efficient operation. It goes well with both existing and new constructions. The maximum capacity of some wheelchair lifts is only 550 lbs whereas some can comfortably accommodate up to 1050 pounds. Their platform can be folded up, thereby allowing full access to the stairs when the lift is not in use. Wheelchair lifts also come with excellent safety features such as sensors to stop the lift if it senses an obstruction, emergency alarm and stop buttons on car, emergency battery back-up for cab lighting, non-skid platform, manual lowering crank, keyed cab buttons, and keyed call stations, automatic access ramps, and slack cable switch to ensure the safety of the passengers. Usually, inclined wheelchair lifts have a pedestrian warning light and movement alarm to let others know that the lift is in operation.
Authorized dealers in quality mobility products supply ADA-compliant open or enclosed wheelchair lifts in New York.
Popular Models of Savaria Commercial Wheelchair lifts
- Multilift Vertical Platform Lift – This easy-to-install device is suitable for deck and porch access. It can comfortably accommodate a wheelchair with a capacity of up to 750 lbs. It travels at a speed of 8 feet per minute. It comes in different models such as mobile, 3G/Three-Gate, stainless steel, and enclosed, which can be used indoors or outdoors of a residential and commercial setting.
- V-1504 vertical platform lift – It can be installed indoors or outdoors in private homes, offices, and one or more levels in public buildings. It travels up and down through a rail enclosed in the lift tower and does not require a machine room. Top models of V-1504 are V-1504 Standard, V-1504 ALPE, V-1504 Lux and V-1504 Prestige.
- Prolift Heavy Duty (HD) – Ideal for both commercial and residential applications, this model comfortably accommodates 1050 pounds of weight. It travels to a distance of 14′ at a speed of 30 feet per minute with as many as 4 stops.
- Delta Inclined Platform Lift – This compact stair lift can be fitted directly to a wall or supported on stanchion posts. It glides along its rail and carries a wheelchair-bound passenger safely up a straight flight of stairs. It can be folded up when not in use, leaving the stairs unobstructed.
- Omega Inclined Platform Lift – Designed for stairs with landings, directional changes, multiple levels, or curves, the Omega can be installed along the side of the stairs on either inside or outside curves and folded away when not in use. It requires only minimal construction.
Day Elevator & Lift is a leading accessibility equipment dealer in New York that can help you decide among various quality vertical and inclined wheelchair lifts from top manufacturers for various public applications and are a great resource for architects and builders. Day Elevator will provide site evaluation free of cost, assist buyers in choosing the right commercial wheelchair lift, and custom install it to suit the setting. In addition to professional installation, we will also provide maintenance and testing services, including 24/7 on-call support to keep the device in excellent working condition. Call us today at (800) 758-5438 or fill out our online contact form to get in touch with a professional installer, schedule an inspection, and get an estimate to install your new commercial wheelchair lift.