For people who have difficulty using the stairs in their home, the best option would be a stair lift. A motorized seat fitted to a track along the side of the stairs, the device transports the user to the various levels of a building safely and comfortably, thereby avoiding the risk of falls and injuries on the stairs. This accessibility device is a perfect option in homes that cannot accommodate an elevator. Leading dealers of accessibility equipment offers several innovative models stair chair lifts. Harmar’s stair lifts for a straight line of stairs are designed to enhance home accessibility and promote independent living.
Harmar’s straight stair lifts are integrated with a wide range of features that allow users to move from floor to floor smoothly. Standard features include:
- Easy operating controls
- Wireless remote controls
- Weatherproof protection (for outdoor units)
- Swivel seat
- Seat belt
- Overspeed brake
- Large ergonomic seat
- Integrated easy-to-use control
- Folding footrest
- DC drive system (to operate during power outages)
- Bi-directional footrest obstruction sensor
Harmar Straight Stair Lifts – Top Models
- SL350OD Outdoor – Designed for long-term outdoor use, this outdoor model can be easily installed on either side of the staircase (not the wall). Built with a durable extruded aluminum track, this lift comes with a wide range of safety features such as slack-cable brake w/switch, foot rest obstruction switch, swivel seat cut-off switch and limit switches.
- SL600 Pinnacle – Featuring a space-saving design, this lift folds to take just 11″ of staircase width and can be easily installed on either side of the staircase. It comes with a total weight capacity of 350 lbs and travels at a nominal speed of 17-21 ft/minute. The device features a fully automatic “patented folding rail option” that eliminates obstruction at the base of the stairs.
- SL600HD Pinnacle Heavy Duty – SL600HD features an industry-best loading capacity of 600lb. It comes with contoured 25-inch wide seat with extra-high molded seatback and attractive upholstery. To ensure safe transfers, the device features a heavy duty seat and stationary armrests and footrests.
- RP350 Alpine II Standard – Featuring a proven rack and pinion drive system, this device comes with a total load capacity of 300lbs and travels at a nominal speed of 19 fpm. This stair lift mounts to steps and comes with a bolt-mounted end-cap that prevents time-consuming overruns.
- RP350S Alpine II Signature – The stair chair lift comes with quiet drive system for smooth stop and start. It features integrated control in the armrest along with swivel seat at upper landing. Other features include – aesthetic track, large ergonomic seat, fixed upholstered armrest and folding padded arms.
- SL400 Vantage – This lift features a rack and pinion drive system and speed regulator for a smooth, consistent drive speed as it ascends and descends. Its DC drive system can operate several cycles during power outages.
Ensure Hassle-free Installation
To ensure hassle-free installation of your Harmar stairlift, purchase it from a reliable dealer of accessibility equipment. A professional company will have a team of factory-trained experts who can set it up without the need for much structural modifications. They will also provide maintenance and other support services to ensure smooth, uninterrupted operation of the lift.